You can ship any open Fishbowl Sales Orders, which includes Sales Orders with a Status of “Estimate”, “Issued”, and “In Progress”.
This section contains general information for manually shipping against Fishbowl Sales Orders. More general information for processing a shipment can be found here.
You can also use StarShip’s Packing Assistant, which simplifies shipping by providing a graphical, step-by-step means of classifying, and packing items originating from source documents. If enabled, it will appear automatically when you ship against a Sales Order. The Packing Assistant is enabled in Setup > Preferences > Freight > Packing Assistant (for Freight) or Setup > Preferences > Parcel > Packing Assistant (for Parcel).
When selecting a document to ship, you can choose to ship related orders together. These are orders that have the same Ship-To Address, City, State, and Zip Code. Related Orders will display when you are using the Packing Assistant or if you check the Group Related check box on the Sales Orders screen. Related Order import is controlled by the “Retrieve related documents when shipping” setting in Fishbowl Options.
To use the Group Related feature, check the Group Related check box and select the related Sales Orders.
Process a Shipment
- In StarShip, click the Rate/Ship menu item.
- Select the Sales Orders heading.
- Type in the Sales Order Number or search for a Sales Order using the available filters. You can also select a batch of Sales Orders to ship. The documents that display in the Shipment Editor can be affected by two Fishbowl Options: Disable Search of Source Documents and Refresh List of Source Documents after Shipping.
- Click the Create Shipment button or click the truck icon in the Sales Order row to create a new shipment.
- Select or confirm the shipping method – Carrier and Service – in the Transportation section. (You can also Rate Shop to select a carrier and service.)
- Pack line items (if not packed) and enter the weight of the first box or use an electronic scale to read the weight in the Packaging section. Repeat the weighing process for each package.
For Freight shipments, StarShip populates the bill of lading using line item and packing information. Bill of Lading settings in Freight Preferences allow you some flexibility regarding how StarShip converts item packaging information into the bill of lading body. Typically, similar items with the same class are grouped under one general description. The commodity description may be edited on the BOL tab.You can also manually enter the BOL.
- Enter or select any Shipment Details, such as Shipment Options, and any other shipment information that wasn’t populated.
- The shipment should be automatically rated but if you change shipment details or the Carrier/Service, you can also rate the shipment with the currently selected carrier by clicking Rate from the menu or by pressing Ctrl + Alt + R. To rate shop, select Rate Shop from the menu or press Ctrl + Alt + S and select a carrier from the Rate Quotes section.
- Click Ship/Process or save the shipment.
- Save: To save a shipment without processing it, select Shipment > Save or press Ctrl + S. This action saves the shipment as a draft, but does not process the shipment, request pickup from the carrier, automatically print shipping documentation, or write back any information to Fishbowl. The shipment is essentially saved as a draft so you may open it and make changes.
- Ship/Process: To process the shipment, select Shipment > Ship/Process or hit F3. If you set up the bill of lading and/or labels to print automatically, they are now generated. StarShip also performs write-back of Freight and Notes to Fishbowl. Once a shipment is processed, the Shipment Status in StarShip changes from Open to Processed.