The UPS SurePost® service provides you with the ability to ship non-urgent ground residential shipments at a reduced cost. Shippers will have the ability to ship four different UPS and USPS delivered product types.
UPS SurePost is a contract service for ground packages ranging in weight from 1 ounce to 70 pounds. The service is available for US post office boxes, APO/FPO addresses, and US territories.
The UPS options available for SurePost are Quantum View Notify and UPS Carbon Neutral. The following SurePost services are supported:
- UPS SurePost® Standard
- UPS SurePost® Bound Printed Matter
- UPS SurePost® Media
UPS SurePost Setup
- To access SurePost setup, click Setup > Carrier Interfaces > UPS, then select your account on the Accounts page and click Edit Account (pencil icon).
- Click on the Settings heading. Scroll down and check the UPS SurePost® setting. You can then select the SurePost services that are enabled for your account. At least one service must be selected. If you check the “Only UPS SurePost APO/FPO & PO Boxes” option, SurePost will only be available to those specific destinations.
- Next, add the USPS Cost Centers (optional).
When shipping from multiple locations with a single account, you can use the Cost Center to differentiate between locations. In the field provided, enter a Cost Center code and click Add. The code may be alphanumeric and is limited to 50 characters. You can add multiple cost centers, which appear in the list below. The Cost Center is optional for both Mail Innovations and SurePost shipments.
Shipping with UPS SurePost
In addition to processing the shipment as you normally would in StarShip (weighing the package(s), selecting package or shipment options, etc.), there are additional shipment settings for UPS SurePost. The following instructions show you how to create a UPS SurePost shipment.
- In the Shipment Editor > Transportation section, select UPS as the Carrier and UPS SurePost as the Service. Then select Media, Standard, or Bound Printed Matter in the USPS Services field.
- Select the Shipment Details section. Here you can select a USPS Cost Center (optional).
- You’ll also notice that USPS Endorsement is automatically selected. This option is required in order to request a recipient’s new address and to provide USPS with instructions on how to handle undeliverable packages. Select the type of Endorsement you want from the drop-down list. The default is “Address Service Requested”.
- Add any other shipment details and Ship/Process (F5) the shipment.