UPS Mail Innovations® is a high-volume mailing service provider that optimizes both your domestic and international mailing processes.
- Your UPS account must have Mail Innovations enabled.
- Mail Innovations allows for the use of a USPS Cost Center. See USPS Cost Center Setup below for more information.
- The USPS Endorsement option is required in order to request a recipient’s new address and to provide USPS with instructions on how to handle undeliverable-as-addressed packages.
- Flat Mail: 1 ounce – 15.99 ounces; Includes Not Flat-Machineable.
- Bound Printed Matter: 1 lb. minimum – 15 lbs. maximum.
- Under 1 lb. parcel: 1 ounce – 15.99 ounces; Small packages that do not meet the dimensional criteria of machineable parcels.
- Media Mail: No more than 108 inches in combined length and girth; 1 lb. minimum – 70 lbs maximum.
For more detailed specifications, see the UPS Mail Innovations Qualified Mail Reference Sheet.
- UPS First-Class Mail: Must be less than 16 oz
- UPS Priority Mail
- Mail Innovations Expedited (Domestic)
- Mail Innovations Priority (International)
- Mail Innovations Economy (International)
USPS Cost Center Setup
When shipping with UPS Mail Innovations, you can set up Cost Center values in your UPS account properties.
Cost Centers are located in Setup > Carrier Interfaces > UPS, then select your account on the Accounts page and click Edit Account (pencil icon).
Click on the Settings heading and scroll down to the “Maintain USPS Cost Centers for SurePost and Mail Innovations” setting to add or delete Cost Centers.
Shipping with UPS Mail Innovations
In addition to processing the shipment as you normally would in StarShip (weighing the package(s), selecting package or shipment options, etc.), there are additional shipment settings for Mail Innovations. The following instructions show you how to create a Mail Innovations shipment.
- In the Shipment Editor > Transportation section, select the appropriate Mail Innovations service in the Service field.
- (Optional) Select the Cost Center in Shipment Details.
- Select the USPS Endorsement type in Shipment Details. This is a required option when shipping with the Mail Innovations service. and is automatically selected For International shipments, the only available option is “No Service Selected”.
- Add any other shipment details and Ship/Process (F5) the shipment.