StarShip supports rating and shipping against Fishbowl Customers. There is no write-back to Fishbowl after you process a shipment in StarShip.
- In StarShip, click the Rate/Ship menu item.
- Select the Customers heading.
- Type in the Customer Number or search for a Customer using the available filters. If a Customer record contains more than one address, you will be prompted to select one.
- Click the Create Shipment button or click the truck icon in the Customer row to create a new shipment.
- Select or confirm the shipping method – Carrier and Service – in the Transportation section. (You can also Rate Shop to select a carrier and service.)
- Add packages (if desired) and enter the weight of the first box or use an electronic scale to read the weight in the Packaging section. Repeat the weighing process for each package.
For Freight shipments, StarShip populates the bill of lading using line item and packing information. Bill of Lading settings in Freight Preferences allow you some flexibility regarding how StarShip converts item packaging information into the bill of lading body. Typically, similar items with the same class are grouped under one general description. The commodity description may be edited on the BOL tab.You can also manually enter the BOL.
- Enter or select any Shipment Details, such as Shipment Options, and any other shipment information as desired.
- The shipment should be automatically rated but if you change shipment details or the Carrier/Service, you can also rate the shipment with the currently selected carrier by clicking Rate from the menu or by pressing [Ctrl+Alt+R]. To rate shop, select Rate Shop from the menu or press [Ctrl+Alt+S] and select a carrier from the Rate Quotes section.
- Click Ship/Process or save the shipment.
- Save: To save a shipment without processing it, select Shipment > Save or press [Ctrl+S]. This action saves the shipment as a draft, but does not process the shipment, request pickup from the carrier, or automatically print shipping documentation. The shipment is essentially saved as a draft so you may open it and make changes.
- Ship/Process: To process the shipment, select Shipment > Ship/Process or hit F3. If you set up labels or the bill of lading to print automatically, they are now generated. Once a shipment is processed, the Shipment Status in StarShip changes from Open to Processed.