StarShip supports integration with RedTail EDI Solutions. V-Technologies partners with RedTail to provide a more seamless shipping-to-EDI experience.
You have the option of producing the GS1-128 label from StarShip or the RedTail Transaction Manager. Producing the label in StarShip allows all shipping labels to print at the same time. On Ship/Process, StarShip will transparently send shipment detail to RedTail for final creation of the ASN to the trading partner.
RedTail integration can be set up from Setup > Preferences > EDI > RedTail. If you don’t see the RedTail option, make sure that you are registered for it.
Enable RedTail integration
Check this check box to enable EDI integration with RedTail. The RedTail option will then be available in the Recipient section of the Shipment Editor.
- StarShip Web (On-Prem) Users
- StarShip Online (Cloud) Users
StarShip exports EDI shipment information to a location configured in the StarShip Server. For more information about the Shared EDI folder, see the StarShip Server Manager Help.
StarShip creates the EDI files and saves them to the shared folder defined on the Printing tab in the StarShip Online Connector. For more information about the Shared EDI folder, see the StarShip Connector Help.
For EDI shipments, activate RedTail integration
- Manually: This option allows the user to manually check (or uncheck) the RedTail option under Recipient > EDI Integration while shipping.
- Conditionally: This option allows you to add conditions under which RedTail will be activated for EDI shipments. When conditions are met, StarShip will automatically check the RedTail check box on the Ship screen (under Recipient > EDI Integration). Note that when this field is set to Conditionally, the user cannot manually check the RedTail check box on the Recipient tab. See Activation Conditions for more information.
Type the Client ID code assigned to you by RedTail Solutions into the Client ID field. This field is limited to 5 characters and is required if RedTail Integration is enabled.
This section helps you define conditions for RedTail activation. When you set conditions, the RedTail integration can only be activated when these conditions are met. The RedTail check box will be disabled while shipping in the Shipment Editor, and more info is available about why the field is disabled.
Conditions are a number of field values (operands) connected by operators. They can be based on:
- Constant Values: These are fixed values that you define. You can add a Constant Value by selecting New Constant Value from the drop-down list. Values you already created are also saved to the drop-down list.
- StarShip Fields: These are StarShip shipment fields.
Set Up Conditions
- Click the Edit button next to the “Activation conditions” field to add conditions.
- On the Conditions Builder dialog, click the “+” button to add a condition.
- Select a Shipment field value as the first operand. Let’s say we want to use the Billing Type shipment field value to trigger integration with RedTail. You can also type a field name into Search field to narrow down the list of fields that are displayed in the drop-down.
- Select an operator, for example “contains” or “is equal to”. Here we are choosing “is equal to” since we want to RedTail to be activated for a specific Billing Type.
- Choose a second operand, which can be either a Shipment value or a Constant value. In this example, we’ll select “Third Party”. The second operand can also be a constant value, depending on the shipment field selected. In some cases, you can also select whether the condition applies to each order or package (Pack) in the shipment or at least one order or package in the shipment. Basically, what is available in the second operand list will depend upon the field you select as the first Operand.
To add another condition, click the “+” button again. To group conditions, first select the conditions you want to group and then select the AND or OR button.
To work on a grouped set of conditions, click on the AND or OR in front of the condition.
Set Conditionally to Always
To always enable the RedTail integration check box, open the Conditions Builder and then click OK without adding any conditions. When you return to the Preferences screen, you will see the “Activation conditions” field set to “ALWAYS”.