Create the Data Source
Each workstation using StarShip and Fishbowl must have the OBDC connection set up individually. Database connections can be added directly through the Windows Administrative Tools > Data Sources (ODBC).
- Download and install the MySQL 32-bit ODBC driver (https://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/odbc/. ) and dependencies ( ) from
- Follow steps 1 – 8 under ODBC Setup in the Fishbowl documentation to set up an ODBC connection to your Fishbowl database.
Add the Fishbowl Company
This procedure will help you to set up your Fishbowl company in StarShip.
- From the Setup menu, select Source Interfaces > Fishbowl 2020-2021.
- Click the New Company button.
- If you have more than one StarShip Connector, select the one you want to use to connect to Fishbowl. If you have a limited number of licenses or limited parallel connections, you may want to check the “Share company connection between multiple users” setting. It allows users to share one company connection instead of occupying one source interface seat for each user. You can also set the number of connections to be shared.
- Next, define the connection properties.
- Next, enter the company information.
- Restart the Fishbowl Client.
- Finally, confirm that the company information is correct and click Finish.
The last step is to approve StarShip in the Fishbowl Client. This will only need to be done once.