StarShip Rate Quote allows you to rate shipments before you ship them. You can get rate quotes from within the Dynamics 365 interface and write the selected rate quote back to the Sales Order or Invoice document.
For StarShip Web (On-Prem) Users
For StarShip Online (Cloud) Users
The StarShip URL field should be set to the URL used to access StarShip, which follows this formula: “https://companycode.starship.online/”. The company code is your company name; the company code is sent to you in the StarShip welcome email.
To use the StarShip Rate Quote feature, create a new document or open a Sales Order or Invoice document in Dynamics 365. Once you’ve entered all the Sales Order or Invoice information, you are ready to get a rate quote.
- Under the Actions menu, select StarShip > StarShip Rate Quote.
- The StarShip Rate Quote window launches with the document information populated. In this example, we’re using a Sales Order. You can enter additional shipment details if desired.
- StarShip will rate the shipment based on the populated information.You can also rate shop among carriers and services by selecting Rate Shop from the Rate menu.
- Click Apply to write the quoted rate back to Dynamics 365.
- In Dynamics 365, refresh the Sales Order or Invoice page. The rate quote appears on the Item Lines as a “Freight” line.