StarShip provides User Definable fields at the Item, Order, Packaging, Pallet and Shipment levels. User Definable fields can be mapped to source interface fields in order to import whatever custom field data you wish. You can also use User Definable fields in freight rules, ship via rules, and more. For a complete list of uses, click here.
User Definable Field customization is accessible from Setup > User Definable Fields.
Navigating User Definable Fields
This section explains where you can find and use StarShip User Definable fields.
Line Item User Definable Fields
These fields display in the Line Item section in the Shipment Editor, and on the User Fields section for an item in Maintain > Inventory. If mapped to the source interface, they can be populated by documents that support line item level information. They can also be mapped to a fixed value.
Order User Definable Fields
These fields display in the Order section of the Shipment Editor when shipping against a source document.
Pack User Definable Fields
These fields are accessible in the Packaging section, by clicking the User Fields button.
Packaging User Definable fields may also be mapped to source interface documents that do not support package level information, such as customers.
Pallet User Definable Fields
Pallet fields are only available when shipping with Freight carriers. These fields display in the Packaging section.
Shipment User Definable Fields
These fields are accessible from the Shipment tab in the Transportation section, by clicking the User Fields button.
Access User Definable Fields
In addition to the locations above, User Definable fields can be accessed and used
- Customize Interface: Fields can be mapped to the source interface or a fixed value.
- Write-back: Fields can be used when defining custom write-back.
- Freight Rules and Ship Via Rules: Fields can be used when building conditions.
- Printing: For Printing Profiles, fields can be used when defining printing conditions.
- eNotify: Fields can be used in Email Templates.
- Shipment Defaults: Default values can be set for the User Definable fields.
- Carrier Reference Fields: Can be used when defining Reference Fields for each carrier (if supported). See Setup > Carrier Interfaces for specific carrier information.