Add StarShip to Shopify Apps
Use this procedure to add StarShip to your authorized Shopify Apps. You must do this before you can add your Shopify store to StarShip and start shipping.
- Log in to your Shopify store and click the Apps menu item on the left.
- Click the Manage Private Apps link on the bottom of the screen.
- Click the Create new private app button.
- Description: Enter a name for the new app, for example, “StarShip”. Enter a contact email if desired.
- In the Admin API section, set the access level for Products to “Read access”. This allows StarShip to access line item information such as the product title, description, weight, etc.
- Set the access level for Orders to “Read and write”. This will give StarShip access to your orders for shipping and write-back of shipment details, such as the tracking number.
- Click Save to generate the API credentials for StarShip.
- In the Password section of the newly generated credentials, click the Show link to unmask the Password. Copy the password. This password will be used in the next setup step, which is to add your Shopify store to StarShip.
What To Do Next
Your next step is to connect your Shopify store to StarShip.