With StarShip, you can import and ship your Etsy Orders and write shipment information back to Etsy.
This section contains general information for manually shipping against Etsy Orders. More general information for processing a shipment can be found here.
You can also use StarShip’s Packing Assistant, which simplifies shipping by providing a graphical, step-by-step means of importing, classifying, and packing items originating from source documents. If enabled, it will appear automatically when you ship against a transaction. The Packing Assistant is enabled in Setup > Preferences > Freight > Packing Assistant (for Freight) or Setup > Preferences > Parcel > Packing Assistant (for Parcel).
- In StarShip, click the Rate/Ship menu item.
- If you have multiple companies, make sure the Etsy company is selected before proceeding.
- Type in the Order Number or search for an Order using the available filters. You can also select a batch of Orders to ship.
If using filters, click Add Filter and then enter your specific criteria. Certain filters also allow you to select from a list of existing values.
- Select the Order(s) and click the Create Shipment button or click the truck icon in the Order row.
- Select or confirm the shipping method – Carrier and Service – in the Transportation section. (You can also Rate Shop to select a carrier and service.)
- Pack line items (if not packed) and enter the weight of the first box or use an electronic scale to read the weight in the Packaging section. Repeat the weighing process for each package.
For Freight shipments, StarShip populates the bill of lading using line item and packing information. Bill of Lading settings in Freight Preferences allow you some flexibility regarding how StarShip converts item packaging information into the bill of lading body. Typically, similar items with the same class are grouped under one general description. The commodity description may be edited on the BOL tab.
You can also manually enter the BOL.
- Enter or select any Shipment Details, such as Shipment Options, and any other shipment information that wasn’t populated.
- Rate the shipment with the currently selected carrier by clicking Rate from the menu or by pressing Ctrl + Alt + R. To rate shop, select Rate Shop from the menu or press Ctrl + Alt + S. Select a carrier from the Rate Quotes section.
- Click Ship/Process or save the shipment.
- Save: To save a shipment without processing it, select Shipment > Save or Ctrl + S. This action saves the shipment as a draft, but does not process the shipment, request pickup from the carrier, automatically print shipping documentation, or write back any information to Etsy. The shipment is essentially saved as a draft so you may open it and make changes.
- Ship/Process:To process a shipment, select Shipment > Ship/Process or hit F3. The shipment is tendered to the carrier. If you set up the bill of lading and/or labels to print automatically, they are now generated. StarShip also performs write-back to Etsy. Once a shipment is processed, the Shipment Status changes from Open to Processed on the Shipment tab.
StarShip updates the Order Status to “Complete”. The Package Tracking numbers are also written back to the Order.
When you partially ship an order, StarShip changes the order status to In Progress in Etsy and the order will show as Partially Shipped in StarShip. When all items have shipped, order status is changed to Complete.