You can map your custom Sage 500 fields to StarShip shipment fields so their values are imported with the Shipment or Customer document. All custom fields associated with the companies that use the current interface are added to the list of Sage 500 fields that can be mapped in Customize Interface.
There are four custom fields associated with the Shipment (Sales Order only) and Customer in Sage 500 ERP.
- You define these fields from Accounts Receivable > Maintenance > AR Setup > Set Up AR Options.
- On the Customize tab, click the Custom Fields button.
- In the Entity Type field, select Customers and then set up your custom fields. Validated data types allow you to define a list of possible values associated with the field that can be used for value translations in Customize Interface.
Sales Order Fields
StarShip also supports Sales Order custom fields with Entity Type values of Sales Orders and Sales Order Lines. You set these fields up in Sales Order > Maintenance > SO Setup > Setup SO Options > Custom Fields.
As with custom Customer fields, validated data types allow you to define a list of possible values associated with the field that can be used for value translations in Customize Interface. You can easily modify values for validated data fields by using the Set Up SO Custom Field Values menu option.
To select values for Sales Order custom fields from Enter Sales Orders and Quotes:
- For Entity Type Sales Orders: Click the More >> button. From the Misc tab, click Custom Fields.
- For Entity Type Sales Order Lines: Click the More >> button. From the Line tab, click Custom Fields. In both cases, you can select from a drop-down list of your values.