The implementation of this functionality has been available since the introduction of StarShip version 23.1.4.
Unishippers is a primary UPS Authorized Reseller. Users with a UPS account through Unishippers should contact the V-Technologies Sales department (800.462.4016 Option 1) to add the UPS account to your registration. Once registered, you can enable and set up your Unishippers rate discounts in UPS Setup.
Add a Unishippers Account
- In StarShip, select Setup > Carrier Interfaces > Unishippers.
- Select the Accounts tab and click New Account.
- Enter the account information.
- Account Name: Type in a name to help identify this StarShip account.
- Account Number: Enter your Unishippers account number.
- Client ID: Enter your Unishippers Client ID to authenticate the application when making API requests.
- Client Secret: Enter your client secret to authenticate the client application when requesting API.
- Click Finish. On the Accounts tab, click Save.
Carrier Account Settings
Once you’ve added your account, you can configure carrier settings specific to this account. You can maintain different settings for each account if you set up multiple accounts. To change account settings, click Account and then make your changes by selecting from the drop-down lists.
Default Prepaid Billing Type
This is the default Billing Type for shipments paid for by the shipper. You can select from Sender, Recipient, or any other 3PL you set up in Maintain > 3PL. Unishippers does not support Third-Party billing.
These settings affect the options available under Billing on the Shipment.
The choices are Call, Daily Pickup, or Electronic. StarShip only sends a pickup request to Unishippers when Electronic is selected. For the other options, you will need to contact the carrier directly.
Check to disable this carrier. Once disabled, you cannot rate or ship using this carrier when shipping with Unishippers. You will not see rates for this carrier when you rate a shipment, nor will this carrier appear on the Shipment when Bill Freight Type is set to Sender. The carrier will still be available when the Bill Freight Type is set to Recipient.