Before you can integrate your WooCommerce shopping cart to StarShip, you will need to generate API keys in WooCommerce. These keys will give StarShip access to your Orders. These instructions apply to WooCommerce 3.4 and higher.
Generate the API Keys
Use these steps to generate API keys in the WooCommerce Admin interface.
- Log in to the Admin section of your WordPress site (wp-admin) and click the WooCommerce > Settings menu item.
- Select the Advanced tab and choose the Legacy API sub-menu item.
- For Legacy API, check the Enable the legacy REST API check box.
- Select Keys/Apps. Click the Add Key button.
- Enter a description to identify this key, for example, “StarShip”, and select the WordPress Admin user who will be the owner of this key.
- Choose the Read/Write level of access for this API key.
- Click the Generate API Key button and WooCommerce will generate the API keys for the selected user. You should see two new keys, a QRCode, and a Revoke Key link. The two keys are your Consumer Key and Consumer Secret. Please copy these keys to a document or other safe place. You will need to enter these keys when adding your company in StarShip.