StarShip allows you to connect directly to your Dynamics 365 BC company information in order to import your Sales Orders, Sales Invoices, Sales Order Lines or Customers. For each company, you can assign a specific interface that includes your customized field mapping and data translations. You can also define specific write-back to documents and custom fields for each company.
StarShip Connection Values
You’ll need to copy and paste a few values from Dynamics 365 BC into the StarShip setup wizard to set up your company. You can either paste these values into a text editor or leave the browser page open and paste them directly into the StarShip window.
- In Dynamics 365, click on the StarShip menu item.
- On the drop-down menu, select General Setup.
- Click the View Access Key button.
- Click in the Web Service Access Key field and press Ctrl + C to copy the key.
- On the General Setup page, you can click in each field and press Ctrl + C to copy the following values:
You will also see the StarShip URL field in the General section. You should set this field to the URL you use to access StarShip.
- For StarShip Web (On-Prem) users, you should use “http://machine name:180” as the StarShip URL (where machine name = the name of the machine where StarShip Web is installed).
- StarShip Online (Cloud) users, on the other hand, would enter the URL used to access StarShip, which follows this formula: “https://companycode.starship.online/”. The company code is your company name; V-Technologies sends you the company code in the StarShip welcome email.
Add the Dynamics 365 BC Company in StarShip
Follow these instructions to add your company to StarShip. If you want to connect more than one company, you must complete this process for each company.
- From the Setup menu, select Source Interfaces > Microsoft Dynamics 365 BC.
- On the Companies page, click the New Company button.
- On the Setup dialog, paste the OData URL and SOAP URL values you copied from Dynamics 365 BC into the fields provided.
- Select the Authentication Type:
- For OAuth2
If you’re a Dynamics 365 BC Cloud user, select OAuth2 as the Authentication Type.
Then, enter the Tenant ID from the General Setup page in Dynamics 365 BC and click the Authorize button. You may be required to log in to Dynamics 365 BC if you are not already logged in.
All other Dynamics 365 BC users can select the Basic authorization type. Enter the User Name and Access Key from Dynamics 365 BC General Setup.
- For OAuth2
- Click Get Company List.
- Once the company information is populated, you can select a Location from the list of warehouses that are set up for your company in Dynamics 365 BC. To ship from all locations, choose “No Location Selected”.
- If you have a limited number of licenses or limited parallel connections, you may want to check the “Share Company connection between multiple users” setting. It allows users to share one company connection instead of occupying one source interface seat for each user. You can also set the number of connections to be shared.
- Click Submit. You will now see the company in the companies list. Click the Save button to save the company information.