Worldwide Express is a primary UPS Authorized Reseller. Users who have a UPS account through Worldwide Express should contact the V-Technologies Sales department (800.462.4016 Option 1) to add the UPS account to your registration. Once registered, you can then enable and set up your Worldwide Express rate discounts in UPS Setup.
Add a Worldwide Express Account
- In StarShip, select Setup > Carrier Interfaces > Worldwide Express.
- Select the Accounts heading and click the New Account button.
- Enter the account information:
- Account Name: Type in a name that will help you to identify this account in StarShip.
- Account Number: Enter your Worldwide Express account number.
- Username: Enter your Worldwide Express username.
- Password: Enter your Worldwide Express password.
- License Number: Enter the license number for your Worldwide Express account. Note: To get this number, send an email to email@example.com.
- Click Finish. On the Accounts page, click Save.
Carrier Account Settings
Once you’ve added your account, you can configure carrier settings specific to this
account. If you set up multiple accounts, you can maintain different settings for each account. To change settings for accounts, click on the account and then make your changes by selecting from the drop-down lists.
Default Prepaid Billing Type
This is the default Billing Type for shipments that are paid for by the shipper.
You can select from Sender, Recipient, or any other 3PL that you set up in Maintain > 3PL. Third Party billing is not supported by Worldwide Express.
These settings affect the options available under Billing on the Shipment.
The choices are Call, Daily Pickup, or Electronic. StarShip only sends a pickup request to Worldwide Express when “Electronic” is selected. For the other options, you must contact the carrier directly.
Check to disable this carrier. Once disabled, you will not be able to rate or ship using this carrier when shipping with Worldwide Express. You will not see rates for this carrier when you rate a shipment, nor will this carrier appear on the Shipment when Bill Freight Type is set to Sender. The carrier will still be available when Bill Freight Type is set to Recipient.