Before installing the StarShip Server, the prerequisite programs (listed in StarShip Server Requirements) must be installed. The StarShip Server installation program will detect any of these programs that are already installed. StarShip Server must be installed before installing StarShip Web and the StarShip Client (if installing).
In order to continue, please download the StarShip installers from the links you were given by V-Technologies.
To begin the StarShip Server installation, continue with these steps:
- If you downloaded the installers, launch the serversetup.exe file. Select Install StarShip Server.
- The installer checks the system to find any prerequisite components that are already installed. The “Checking System” information dialog appears briefly. Be sure to close any programs you may have running before clicking Next to start the installation process.
- Confirm that you have read the License Agreement, and select I Agree.
- If StarShip detects an installation of WorldShip® on your PC, you receive a message recommending that you uninstall WorldShip® before continuing with the Server installation, or install StarShip Server on a different PC. Click OK.
- On the Component Installation dialog, any previously installed components are noted with a check mark. When no prerequisite components are found, no components are checked.
- On the StarShip Server Installation dialog, click the .NET Framework (4.5.2 and 2.0) link.
- Click OK to download the installer and run the downloaded file to install Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2.
- Check the I have read and accept the license terms check box and click the Install button.
- Click Finish.
- You may need to restart your computer to complete the installation. Click Restart Now or Restart Later when prompted.
StarShip requires UltiDev Web Server Pro to be installed.
- On the StarShip Server Installation dialog, click on the UltiDev Web Server Pro link to install it.
- If you accept the license agreement, enable the I Agree button and click Next.
- When the installation is finished, click Close. Note: After clicking Close on the Installation Complete screen, the StarShip Server Installation Components screen will return after approximately 20 seconds while the services start.
StarShip requires a SQL 2005 Server or later installation for its database. You have the option of downloading SQL Server 2012 SP2 Express from the Microsoft website, or of using an existing installation of SQL Server 2005 or later. Note: Reporting Services, which is installed as part of SQL Server Express with Advanced Services, will not install on operating systems that do not include Internet Information Services (IIS).
On the StarShip Server Installation dialog, click the SQL Server 2005/2008/2012/2014 link to install it.
The next dialog you see will depend upon the detection of SQL Server Instances. You will follow one of these scenarios :
a) No SQL Server Instances Detected : Click the Install SQL Server Express button to continue.
b) No Microsoft SQL Server Instances Detected, but you have an existing SQL Server : Check the “My SQL Server Instance is not in the list”, and click the Use Existing SQL Server button to specify the server instance later in the installation.
c) Microsoft SQL Server Instances Detected : Select the Server instance to use and click the Use Existing SQL Server button.
d) Microsoft SQL Server Instances Detected but you want to install a new instance of SQL Server Express : Click the Install SQL Server Express button to continue.
e) Microsoft SQL Server Instances Detected but the SQL Server instance you want to use is not in the displayed list : Check the “My SQL Server Instance is not in the list”, and click the Use Existing SQL Server button to specify the server instance later in the installation.
Installing SQL Server 2012 SP2 Express
This installation will run if you selected Install MS SQL Server Express. Before installation continues, a TXT file containing installation instructions opens in Notepad. Click OK.
A message box will appear indicating the file to download from the Microsoft website. Click OK.
After the installer completes the download, click the New installation or add features to an existing installation link.
Check the I accept the license terms check box and click Next.
On the Feature Selection screen, be sure all components except Local DB are checked. Click Next.
Accept the default settings on the Instance Configuration screen and click Next.
On the Server Configuration screen, set the Startup Type for the SQL Browser Service to Automatic, and click Next.
On the Database Engine Configuration screen, set the Authentication to Mixed Mode and enter a password for the System Administrator (sa) account. Click Next to continue.
Accept the default settings and click Next.
If you want to send error reports to Microsoft, check the check box and click Next.
After the installation has completed, click Close.
The next step involves two settings that need to be updated. First, launch the SQL Server Configuration Manager.
Under SQL Server Network Configuration – Protocols for SQLEXPRESS, double-click the TCP/IP entry, set Enabled to Yes, and click OK. Do the same for the Named Pipes entry. Close out of SQL Server Configuration Manager.
Next, launch SQL Server Management Studio.
Connect to the SQL Server instance created previously. Right-click the instance name and select Facets.
In the Facet drop-down, select Surface Area Configuration. Select the XPCmdShellEnabled and set it to True. Click OK.
Crystal Reports is an optional component. If you have created customized reports in the Desktop Client and wish to use them in StarShip Web, you can install Crystal Reports. However, StarShip Web features a new Report Designer and Reports functionality that you can use instead of the legacy Crystal Reports so you don’t need to install this component.
- Next, choose the Crystal Reports 2010 Runtime link.
- When the .ZIP file has downloaded, extract the files and run the installer.
- On the Welcome screen, click Next.
- Complete the License Agreement screen. Select “I accept the license agreement” to continue with the installation. Click Next.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish.
Now that the prerequisite software is installed, continue with the StarShip Server Installation.