- Upload zones and rates files;
- Upload carrier logos;
- Define services;
- Define dimensional weight factors, additional reference fields, fuel surcharges, and more.
Disable use of Parcel User-Defined Carriers
- First, type in a unique name for the carrier. The Type field defaults to Parcel.
- Then, enter the carrier’s SCAC (Standard Carrier Alpha Code).
- Next, add carrier Services by clicking the Add Services button. Enter the Name and Code, and select the type of service (Ground or Air). Set the supported delivery area by selecting the Service Area (Domestic, International, or all). Later in the setup, you can add zones and rates for each of the services that supports domestic deliveries for the carrier. Click OK.
- Repeat step 2 to add as many services as you would like. You can also edit and delete services.
- Enter the Phone and Fax for the carrier, if desired. To upload a carrier logo, click the folder button next to the Logo field. Select the graphic you want to use and click OK. The logo will appear on the Ship screen when the carrier is selected.
This page allows you to set up your carrier accounts. You can have multiple accounts for each carrier but you must have at least one account set up in order for the carrier to appear as a selection on the Ship screen. Click Add to add an account.
Provide an account name and a unique account number for the account. Each account must also have a corresponding address. This is the address that will be used as the origin address when rating shipments.
StarShip allows you to upload your carrier rates and zones files to use when processing shipments for this carrier. Zones and rates are used when processing domestic shipments only. For International shipments, shipping charges must be entered manually. You do not have to upload zones/rates files.
All services are available for all destinations; zone unassigned
If you don’t have a zone file to upload, you should select this option. This allows users to process shipments for this carrier without zone or rate information. All created services will be available for the selected carrier and the shipping charges can be manually entered. (Other Zones/Rates settings on this dialog will be greyed out, and any uploaded Zones data will not be used.)
Availability and zone are calculated by StarShip
This option allows StarShip to use uploaded zone information to calculate service availability and zones for a particular destination. Services without associated zone data will not appear on the Ship screen. When selected, you may additionally choose to enter rates manually or have StarShip calculate rates when processing shipments with this carrier. Shipping charges can be entered manually or calculated if a corresponding rate file is uploaded.
When processing shipments with this carrier
Rates are entered manually
StarShip will use the shipment zone to calculate the zone and service availability only. Rates files are not used and the uploading of rate files is not supported when set to manually enter rates.
Rates are calculated by StarShip
You can upload rates files for each Service. StarShip will use the Rates data to calculate rates based on the shipment zone. Note : There are no package weight restrictions for either rating method.
Once you have saved the accounts settings, any zones and rates files you defined are imported. The zones and rates file status will appear on the Carrier page for the account.
This page shows supported accessorial options and their corresponding charges. The default value for all charges is 0.00. Note that the Insurance charge will be used after a $100 minimum Insurance Amount has been met. StarShip also supports separate Residential surcharges for Ground and Air services. To enter or change a charge amount, type directly into the “Charge” field.
Dimensional weight factors are used to calculate the billed weight for a shipment. This page allows you to adjust dimensional weight factors per account and service. The default value for all dimensional weight factors is 166. You can also set the a minimum dimensional threshold (in cubic inches) before dimensional weight takes effect for Ground and for Air services. Type the dimensions directly into the “Cu. Inch.” field.
Tracking numbers are assigned to each package that is processed in a shipment. StarShip ensures the originality of tracking numbers for 18 months.
- Tracking Number Prefix: This information is used as part of the Sample Tracking # field and the actual tracking number that StarShip generates.
- Rolling Number Length: This field controls the size of the rolling number. The value can be between 5 and 9.
- Rolling Number: A rolling number is required when automatically generating the tracking number and the value entered will be used as the next tracking number. If the number entered is shorter than the length entered in Rolling Number Length, it will be padded with leading zeroes.
- Sample Tracking #: This field is for display only. The Sample Tracking # that is displayed is the tracking number that will be assigned to the next package. It will contain the values from the Tracking Number Prefix, Rolling Number, and a check digit. This data displays in the Shipment tab under General Information section and when you click Print Shipment on the toolbar.
This page allows you to enter the fuel surcharges by percentage for Ground and/or Air Services. The default values are 0. If no value is set, fuel surcharges are not applied when the shipment is rated. Reference Fields Reference fields allow you to define additional information for the shipment; for example, you can define a field that you want to print on a report or custom label. StarShip supports up to 3 different reference fields at the package and shipment levels. Specify the shipment fields to include as reference fields by selecting them from the drop-down lists. Additional Info This tab displays the supported billing types and shipment options available for Parcel User-Defined Carriers.