StarShip allows you to ship against your Dynamics GP customer list. There is no write-back to Dynamics GP when shipping with customers. Any customers you ship with will also be saved to StarShip’s customer database.
Process a shipment
This section contains general information for manually shipping against Customers.
You can also use StarShip’s Packing Assistant, which simplifies shipping by providing a graphical, step-by-step means of importing, classifying, and packing items originating from source documents. If enabled, it will appear automatically when you ship. The Packing Assistant is enabled in Setup > Preferences > Freight > Packing Assistant (for Freight) or Setup > Preferences > Parcel > Packing Assistant (for Parcel).
- In StarShip, click the Rate/Ship menu item. Note: If you have more than one Dynamics GP company, make sure the correct company is selected in the Company field.
- Select the Customers heading.
- Type in the Customer Number or search for a Customer using the available filters.
If using filters, click Add Filter and then enter your specific criteria. Certain filters also allow you to select from a list of existing values.
- Select the Customer and click the Create Shipment button.
- If your Ship Via codes are mapped for the Customers document in Customize Interface, the Carrier/Service will be automatically populated based on the Dynamics GP Customer. If you need to, select the Carrier and Service in the Transportation section. (You can also Rate Shop to select a carrier and service.)
- For Parcel shipments, you would enter package detail for packages. Remain in the Packaging View and navigate through the packages to weigh them or add package level details.
For Freight shipments, StarShip populates the bill of lading using line item and packing information. Bill of Lading settings in Freight Preferences allow you some flexibility regarding how StarShip converts item packaging information into the bill of lading body. Typically, similar items with the same class are grouped under one general description. The commodity description may be edited on the BOL tab. You can also manually enter the BOL.
- Enter or select any Shipment Details, such as Shipment Options, and any other shipment information.
- Rate the shipment with the currently selected carrier by clicking Rate from the menu or by pressing Ctrl + Alt + R. To rate shop, select Rate Shop from the menu or press Ctrl + Alt + S. Select a carrier from the Rate Quotes section.
- Click Ship/Process or save the shipment.
- Save: To save a shipment without processing it, select Shipment > Save or Ctrl + S. This action saves the shipment as a draft, but does not process the shipment, request pickup from the carrier or automatically print shipping documentation. The shipment is essentially saved as a draft so you may open it and make changes.
- Ship/Process: To process a shipment, select Shipment > Ship/Process or hit F3. The shipment is tendered to the carrier. If you set up the bill of lading and/or labels to print automatically, they are now generated.