The following steps create the V-Tech Endpoints needed to integrate Acumatica with
StarShip Online (Cloud). Before starting, make sure that you download the required V-TECH Endpoints ZIP file.
Download the VTechEndPoints File
If you haven’t done so already, you will need to download the V-Tech Endpoints file. To do this, log in to your StarShip Subscription to access the file.
- After logging into your account in the StarShip Subscription Management system, select the Downloads menu item.
- Select the Acumatica page heading and download the VTechEndpoint file specified for the version of Acumatica you are currently running.
Upload and Publish the Endpoints
- Log in to your Acumatica Company. Select System > Customization > Manage > Customization Projects.
- Select Import > Import New Project.
- On the Open Package dialog, click in the File Path field and navigate to the ZIP file you downloaded based on your Acumatica version and click Open, then Upload.
- You will see the “VTechEndPointv5” Project in the list. Check the check box for the VTechEndPointv5 and any other customizations that you want to use along with the VTechEndPointv5. If you have the V-Tech Custom Fields Customization, you should select that here.
- Click Publish.
- In the Compilation window, click Publish.
- After you see the message “Website has been updated”, you can click the “X” in the title bar to exit. The endpoints are published to the Customization Projects screen.
Configure the Endpoints
- Select System > Integration > Configure > Web Service Endpoints.
- In the Endpoint Name field, select the magnifying glass.
- Select the VTECHAPI by double-clicking on it.
- In the Endpoint Version field, click the magnifying glass and select the Endpoint
Version 5 for for SOAP integration and Version 6 for for REST by double-clicking it.
- The VTECHAPI Endpoint Properties are displayed.
Copy the Acumatica Contract Service URL
- Click the View Endpoint Service menu item and select WSDL for SOAP. For REST integration, click Assist Edit button and select OpenAPI 2.0 under the Service Definition.
- A new tab launches. Copy the entire Contract API Link from the URL field at the top of the browser window. This is the URL that you will enter into the StarShip New Company dialog (or Edit Company if you are upgrading).
After copying the Acumatica Contract Service URL, you can continue to StarShip Setup.
Multiple Companies Setup
Acumatica users that would like to use multiple companies in StarShip should import and publish the V-TECH Endpoint into one company. Once the publishing is done, you can then import the Endpoint into your additional companies. It is not necessary to publish the Endpoint for each company. Once you import the published Endpoint into your other companies, the endpoint will appear as published.