Generate ASN Number
- Select the Reference Number Type Identifier to assign to the ASN Number.
- Select ASN Number as the Shipment field. You can type “ASN” into the search field to locate it quickly.
Import the ASN Number from a Source
If you do not check “Generate ASN Number in StarShip” in the EDI Preferences options, the ASN Number can be imported from your ERP or other source interface. In this case, you would map the ASN Number shipment field to a source interface field so that when you ship against an order, invoice, etc., the value is automatically populated. Field mapping is performed in Setup > Source Interfaces > “your interface” > Interfaces.
- In Select Fields, type “ASN” into the Filter field and then click the ASN field.
- Set the “Maps to” field to the “source interface” field.
- Select the source field from which to import the ASN number.
ASN Number Shipment Field
The ASN Number field can be found in the Shipment Editor in the Recipient > EDI Integration section.